Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thirfty Weekend

There are a few thrift stores near our house that I like to frequent. This weekend I had some time to stop by a few of them. Technically I'm not supposed to be buying anything since we are moving. We are supposed to be getting rid of things around the house to make the move easier, but I can't help myself.


First I stopped by RetroMex. They have lots of authentic Mexican art and artifacts as well retro furniture.


I really liked their selection of chairs.


I had never seen a chair like this in rocker form:



These mid-century chairs caught my eye as well. (Sorry for the bad I-phone pics. I had Con-Man in one hand and phone in the other. :)



They had a bunch of these old cigarette holders from the days when everyone who was anyone smoked. They are pretty cool, I wonder what else you can use them for?



Cool glow-y lamp!


I saw this guy outside. It's one of the Fry Guys from McDonalds! Neat!


These planters are old tires cut up and painted. What a great reuse! 



The other place I stopped at isn't really a thrift store. It's called ABC Shelving. They mainly have old shelving they get from places that have gone out of business. I have been on the secret mission to find some lockers. (Don't tell the hubs- like I said I'm not supposed to be buying anything...) Sometimes they have some and I'm hoping to get my hands on them.

Besides old shelving they have other unique items.

Like this giant scale-


Interesting Wooden Shelves:


Mannequins anyone? (I told you they had a little bit of everything.)


What really caught my eye was this vintage drawer system. With some cleaning up and maybe a fresh coat of paint it could be a great place to hold DVD's or other knick knacks that find their way into our living room.


I was able to restrain myself even though I really considered those drawers. Must focus on the task on hand! Lockers!

Anyone else have some thrifty adventures this weekend?

5 comments:

orchidlanedecor.com said...

Congratulations on NOT buying that drawer system! I would have found that quite difficult to walk away from! I was busy painting furniture this weekend and didn't get a chance to go scouting for more :(

Suzy xxx

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Looks like you found some very eclectic thrift stores! The wooden shelves would make a great wine rack! ...and all those chairs are so unique
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) I am glad you are inspired!

Delighted Momma

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Looks like you found some very eclectic thrift stores! The wooden shelves would make a great wine rack! ...and all those chairs are so unique
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) I am glad you are inspired!

Delighted Momma

Amy @ Ink'd said...

Oh those drawers are beyond tempting! I'm impressed with all your thrift store finds!

Mally said...

Love that rocker. I thought sure you would have ended up with that.