Friday, March 1, 2013

Latest Thrifty Find

I am super excited to share this latest furniture find with you today. I found these beauties buried under a bunch of other stuff at one of my favorite junk stores here in town.



The owner of the shop told are old safe deposit boxes from a bank that shut down a few years ago. He used to have the keys for the boxes but lost them :/


I don't know how well you can read the name on the top label but it says "Altus Ice Cream Company". I wish Altus still had an ice cream company!


My grand plans for these guys are to transform them into an entertainment center for our bedroom. The two boxes side by side are 65" long- perfect for a TV Console. I just need to paint it up, find some legs, and cut a wood top for it. (Sounds so easy but it will probably take me a while!)

Anyone else have some great furniture finds lately?

3 comments:

Marian Frizzell said...

That is super cool. Hey, do you have experience with spray painting baskets? or lamps?

Courtney said...

That is sooo cool Rachelle!! Awesome find and sounds great what you have planned for them - I have not found anything fantastic for ages!! Gotta keep trying!
I see on instagram that you found the keys too!!

Unknown said...

These are so awesome. I can't wait to see how they are transformed. Is that drawer missing? If so, it looks like a perfect spot to keep the remote!