Monday, August 2, 2010

Pillow Form


First of all I would like to thank these awesome ladies for featuring me this week. I was so excited!
Crazy Domestic featured my picture hanging technique.
Crystal's Craft Spot featured my stenciled end tables.


Thank you so much!


In my Vintage Chair Rescue post I mentioned that I made the pillow for it. I thought I would go into a little more detail about it today. We've already seen a way to make pillows using batting, this way uses a pillow form.



First either use an old pillow you have but want to change up, or buy a new pillow form. I had one lying around so I just used it. I scored the fabric on clearance for only $3 a yard for outdoor sun resistant canvas! Woo hoo!

Next measure the width of your pillow and add an inch. Then cut he length and multiply by 2.5 and cut your fabric. 

Or if you do "fuzzy math" like me, lay your fabric over the top and bottom of the pillow; right sides together then pin it close to the edges.



Sew it all the way almost all the around leaving about 1/2" seam allowance. Leave an opening in the bottom to insert your pillow in.

Turn the fabric right side out and insert the pillow.


Next fold the raw edges in on each other, pin and sew closed.





And viola! You're done! This only took me about 30 minutes for a custom one of a kind pillow.


    Linking up to the Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

Mad in Crafts said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am your newest follower from FMBT. Look forward to reading more from your blog.

Marie The Things We Find Inside

tfwguide said...

i'm a follower already.

visiting =)

Happy Tuesday!

http://thefilipinoweddingguide.com

New Jersey Memories said...

Oh, I really wish that I was good at sewing! But I'm just terrible!

Anyway, I'm a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesdays!

http://www.newjerseymemories.com

Design It Chic said...

I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday!It would be nice if you could share back the love on my blog! Also if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, i have some new ones up today! Happy Tuesday!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Hello! I'm a new follower...have a great day!

www.mrssassycrafter.com

Shanna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I am now following you as well!

~Shanna
http://mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com/

Social Media Junkie said...

Hi There,
Thanks for linking up again for FMBT.
For the #5 Spot we draw a random # from all of the blogs linked .
Have a great week
Stacy
www.sjunkie.com

Anonymous said...

Great blog.
I'm a new follower. Tuesday Blog hop.
Cheers,
Tiffany

http://nimblergrove.blogspot.com/

maisondemarrakech said...

hi Rachelle,
Love your new ideas :o) Nice cushions!
I'm your latest follower...
Would love if you could visit my blog back ☆
All about bohemian fashion and trendy lifestyle and more!

www.maisonmarrakech2010.blogspot.com

Have a great day,
Best wishes,

Reina
Fashion & Decor designer
°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°

The Nifty Nest said...

How cute! I love that fabric!!

Liz
The Nifty Nest

Felicia said...

love your blog. your newest follower via FMBT

Keya said...

Cute pillow! Visiting via Tuesday Tag Along. Stop by and visit me some time. Following you.

Ron Cooper said...

Hi Rachelle,

I’m following you from Tuesday Tag-a-Long. Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Tina@hickorydickoryhome said...

This is the cutest pillow! This inspires me to get to workin on the many pillows that I have to make. I am a new follower...follow me back at

XmasDolly said...

I'm a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday - Cute pillow. Hope you find some time to come visit me & possibly follow me too & maybe check out my give -away.

Ginger said...

Super cute! Love the fabric... Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!