Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gallery Wall- Fini!

I hope everyone had a fantastic spring weekend! 


We had some great weather here in Oklahoma  so we tried to spend as much time outside as possible. And we went to see the Hunger Games!! I didn't make it to the wood shop like I had hoped (they were closed for Spring Break!) but I did finally get our family gallery wall together.


I feel like I've been talking about it and working on it forever. I needed to fill this blank wall in our living room. 





So slowly but surely I collected frames from our local thrift stores and then painted them all white.



I also decided to add some other personal touches. Like this Letter F to represent our last name; Falcon.


And a Fleur De Lis I found at Hobby Lobby to show our Louisiana heritage.


I also added some of Con-Man's artwork that I can change out every once in a while. He gets a kick of seeing things he made hung on the wall.

Once I gathered everything together I set about laying out my frames. There are some great tutorials out there on how to lay out and hang your frames, but I just winged it in the end. (I'm lazy what can I say?) I measured my wall width and height. Then figured that I would leave about a foot of space on either end and center the middle photos at eye level.

Then laid of my frames on the floor beneath my barren wall.


Then I began to hang them starting from the center most frames and worked my way out. 



I will have to say this is not a fool proof method- I had to rehang a few pictures higher or lower. So I ended up with a few extra nail heads but it didn't take long- my kind of project! I think it turned out pretty good. I love having our family photos displayed.





If your itching to try a gallery wall of your own but don't want to wing it like I did here are some great tutorials on how to go about it:




Happy Hanging!

6 comments:

Ange said...

Looks great! I think that's my kind of gallery wall, I am too impatient or lazy maybe to cut out the squares of paper and tape them up. I'd rather make nail holes you can't see. Anyways, you did a fantastic job with just your hammer and eyeballs!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

It looks really good! I love the gold with the white! Super cute!

Sherry said...

You did a terrific job! I've been working on my gallery wall for almost a year...just can't seem to finish it. Congrats on your accomplishment.

Haley said...

Your gallery looks great! Nothing like walking down memory lane each time you pass the gallery wall. :)

Three months isn't too bad. It took me about that long to put anything in my frames after I hung them. Who knows how long it will take me to get my second picture project done.

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Looks great! I love that you made it personal, adding the fleur di lis and your initial.

Rachel said...

Looks great! It's perfect for that spot. Thanks for linking up to Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel