We have this blank barren wall in our living room that is just screaming for a photo treatment:
We have lots of family photos we've taken over the years, and will no doubt have some more when Tiny Falcon #2 shows up. So I was happy to receive an email from Crate and Barrel a few weeks ago giving some tips on planning a photo wall.
From Crate & Barrel Mailer:
1. Choose a large wall with plenty of room to display your photos.
2. Decide on a theme for framing your photos. Choose from wood, metal, acrylic frames; or mix it up!
3. Use a mix of media. Start with family photos then add drawings, paintings, clocks, or other pieces you love.
4. Spread everything out on the floor. Move pieces around to see which look best next to each other.
5. Use a level to ensure all pictures are straight. Use two nails for larger pictures. (Use my tip for hanging pictures!)
6. And most important have fun!
Thanks Crate & Barrel- I've never bought anything from you but your email has lit a fire under my boo-tay and I'm ready to start planning my photo wall!
Have you done a photo wall? Any advice on how to get started or plan it?