Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aviation Inspired Onsies

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I didn't think I'd be back to crafting anytime soon but I'm back at it this week. Sawyer has been a really good baby and we have had family in town helping out- so I've had some time to get a few things done.



Just Chillin' Like a Villian

One of my good friends here in Altus is expecting a baby in a few weeks- a boy! He and Sawyer are going to be good friends. Her husband is a pilot in the Air Force; so I thought what better baby gift than one inspired by planes. I was supposed to work on this project last weekend; but Sawyer had other plans.


I found an image of an airplane online and resized it in Photoshop to the size I needed. Then printed it and traced it onto my felt.




For the second shirt I did the same thing; found an image of a vintage pilots hat and an image of aviator sunglasses. Photoshopped them up and printed them out.



Now it's just a waiting game for the little guy to show up! 

Along with the Onsies I'm also giving my friend a few new mom survival gifts- a cute water bottle, tea, lotion & chapstick, breakfast bars and some magazines. Just a few things to help her get through those late night feedings and early mornings.

Hooray for babies!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

omg Sawyer is adorable!!

and those onesies... seriously cute! I love the vintage cap and glasses. wow... you should sell these!!

the cape on the corner said...

love the old fashioned cap one! you should have made a matching one for sawyer!

Maria @ Craft Crazy Mom said...

This is such a cute idea for a pilot's little one! I have some Air Force friends, I'll have to keep this in mind!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

The onesies are adorable! And so is little Sawyer :)