Friday, October 26, 2012

A New Orleans Weekend

Like I mentioned the other day we spent the week in New Orleans for the Hubs Pediatric Conference. It is my favorite city for many reasons! If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (follow me!- rfalcon12) you've seen some of these pics.

We were pretty overloaded on the ride over there with two kids and a dog in the back of the Murano.




You can't really see it but that's Tiger Stadium in the background. We're driving over the Mississippi River Bridge going into Baton Rouge.





Some of our good friends from residency were at the conference as well. We went out to eat at Emeril's restaurant one night. Talk about good!!


I liked these glass tiles in the bathroom- they had pictures of Emeril in them!


We stopped by Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's New Orleans home. Sadly they were not there. Sigh...



Fleur De lis everywhere!


Someone had adhered a bunch of glass flowers to this fence and I thought it was pretty cool.


The Hubs and I went out to dinner on night by ourselves to Mr. B's. We love this restaurant and I was really excited because we never get to go anywhere fancy let alone sans kids.


We finished the nights off at Bourbon St of course!



Mr. Pat O'Brian!


On Monday my MIL brought the boys into town so they could spend  few days in New Orleans. We walked along the river, saw the sights, and ate lots of good food among other things.


We took Con-Man and Sawyer on a street car ride through town.


Of course we had to go to Cafe Du Monde for beignets and chocolate milk.


I took the boys to the Aquarium. Con-Man loved the sharks and fish but I think his favorite were these parakeets (I know parakeets at an aquarium? Hmmm) you could feed. He got the biggest kick out of it.


The thing I was most excited about was this barrel that I found at an antique/ salvage yard. It was only $20 and the man told me he thinks it's pre Civil War based on the fact that it's made with square nails and the rims are made of wood not metal. There's no way to prove it (hence the $20 price tag I'm guessing) but I thought it was super cool!


The main problem was lugging back home. It didn't make the ride back to Oklahoma since we were packed to the gills. I left it at my MIL's house and she is going to bring it with her when she comes to visit for Thanksgiving. Yay! She is awesome.

I have big plans for the barrel. :)


And we're going out of town again next week so my projects have been and will be a little light for a while. But don't wander to far I have a fun giveaway for Monday so be sure to check it out!

1 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

those tiles are so neat!

hey, did you enter a giveaway at kara pasely designs for paint? b/c you're a winner, and i hate don't let the winners know, like you're supposed to just see it. so if she emailed you, great, if not, and this is you...

http://karapaslaydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/11/giveaway-winners-and-geodes.html