Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Design For A Cause

Unless you've been living under a rock you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Back in my college days I was a member of Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority; our philanthropy was the Susan G Komen Foundation. So October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month has always been important to me.



So when I came across this article about designers collaborating for raise money for breast cancer awareness and research I was excited. Design and breast cancer awareness all wrapped up in one?! Very cool!




For the third year in a row SUITE New York is launching Pink Project to raise money for breast cancer awareness. This year 20 designers and architects collaborated to customize a GJ chair; originally designed in 1963 by female designer Dane Grete Jalk.

The chairs are being auctioned off at CharityBuzz.com through October 31st. Check out some of the cool designs:










Though I think this is a very cool project for a good cause I won't be bidding- the starting bids are $850! The chairs themselves are valued at $2700. Dang...

For now I'll just stick to saving my Pink Yoplait Lids

2 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

So cool! I really want to throw a Pink Party that I read about recently to give funds as well!

Unknown said...

Love this!

I work with AllFreeJewelryMaking and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

Adam Kaplan
akaplan@primecp.com