Monday, November 26, 2012

A Modern College Apartment Design

So did everyone have a good Thanksgiving Weekend? I hope everyone was able to spend good quality time with family and friends. 

We headed to Arkansas to watch LSU beat up on the Razorbacks (sorry Razorback fans). My MIL and some friends came with us and we had our Thanksgiving up there. It was fun and it was Con-Man's first LSU game!




Last week I shared some inspiration ideas for my sister's college apartment. This was just for fun- basically to play around and give her an idea for her dream living room.


She gave me a few guidelines: modern but cozy, a color scheme of black, white, and red. She wanted to see some sort of black and white print in the room and she preferred dark woods over light and likes chrome metallics.

With that here's what I came up with.

Look #1:








6. Rustic Coffee Table (I thought this was cool because not only does it have storage & the top pops up for laptop use)

7. Sofa



10. Rug


12. Pillows from West Elm (can you tell I like West Elm?)

Look #2:








7. Sofa



10. Rug

11. Pillows


Even though this was just for fun I'm still thinking of ways to achieve these looks without the huge price tag. Like slipcovering her existing couch and chair, or spray painting her end tables with metallic paint, finding a wooden stump for a table, for example.

I definitely have a favorite look, do you?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Grand valley apartments are not difficult to get for the student but finding the really good ones wants a little research.