Monday, November 12, 2012

And Then There Were Two

Happy Monday Everyone! And Happy Veterans Day Weekend. Special shout out to all military members out there- especially my Hubs. Go Air Force!

Seriously- Thank you to all U.S. Military Members for all you do and the daily sacrifices that you make.

Today I want to share with you my finished reupholstered mid-century chairs. Woo Hoo! Yay for finally having a pair of matching, good looking, non upholstery falling off, chairs in our living room!






And if this image hasn't been burned into your memory yet here it is again. This is what the chairs looked like before in all their orange glory. Some people inquired why I was redoing them- well the upholstery was in worse shape than it looks in the picture. And orange and blue are not my colors (I am not a Broncos fan ;)


I took an upholstery class and reupholstered one of the chairs myself. I was largely pregnant during that whole process so it was pretty labor intensive.




So for the second chair I bit the bullet and paid to have it upholstered by a pro. I looked at it as my "Push Present" for having Sawyer. I'm super happy to have 2 matching one of a kind chairs that are not falling apart at the seams!


And if your wondering why I'm only showing one side of my living room; as a part of my whole blog honesty promise here's the reason:


Most of my living room has been taken over by baby stuff!! Don't tell anyone k thanks! ;)

Oh and I moved the white rug into our "formal living" room- these's not a lot of foot traffic in that room. The hunt for a new rug is on.... again.

Linking here

7 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

Your chairs are gorgeous. I took an upholstery course too when I was four months pregnant. I completely forgot about that. LOL Good for you! Cheers.

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

They look great! They definitely brighten up the room too! Great job!

Courtney said...

Fantastic, a perfect push present if you ask me!! So nice to have them both done I bet;)

Cassie Bustamante said...

they look awesome- so clean and sleek!

heidi said...

These look wonderful. They turned out so well.

Christina | Little Victorian said...

Wow, that is really impressive. Good job!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Beautiful chairs--they look very pretty in your living room! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.