Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Just a Quickie...

Ummm I'm talking about a quick DIY project- what were you thinking??? Ew...

Anywho I thought I scheduled this to post last week and I'm all like- "Man, no one is commenting on my project. *Sad Face*" But to my surprise I didn't click publish, so here you go~ one crafty DIY just for you one week late! :)

Last week I found these super cool bamboo trays at Goodwill for only $1.50 for the pair!! Score!



I think bamboo is making a comeback. Not like in the 70's/ 80's where it was over used- but nicely mixed in with modern decor to give a room a touch of natural elements. These little trays are a great way to bring that natural look into my home in a subtle way. Since I have 2 of them I thought it would be fun to paint one and to leave the other natural. I have some Pantone Celestial Blue samples I've been wanting to use and this was the perfect opportunity for it!


I left the "supports" the natural wood for some contrast.



And here is the natural one. I think it will be fun to change them out and use the two to create different looks as needed.



Are you digging bamboo or do you think it should stay put in the 70's?

Linking here

3 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

it's totally making a comeback! but I think I confuse it with wicker...and isn't there, like, sea grass? or some such nonsense? I have some trays in one of those materials (lol) that I want to put on the wall this fall. we shall see.

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I like the bamboo! It looks great on your table!

Courtney said...

Love a little bamboo...good idea to just do one and swap them out when you feel like it :-)
The paint turned out cool!