One of the ways I'm getting back in the swing of things is finishing a few projects that I've had hanging over my head. The first up is this old beam:
I found it being thrown out during heavy trash pick up a few weeks ago. I thought even though it was in rough shape I could still make something out of it.
First up was chopping it up into manageable pieces with the circular saw:
After some prep work- mainly sanding and smoothing out, it was time to paint. I've had this Modern Masters Bronze paint and Patina that I have been dying to use for ages! It's paint with real copper and zinc bits in it that react to the Blue Patina and give it an aged look.
My first attempt was not so impressive. One coat of paint covered very well so I went a head and sprayed the Patina on with lackluster results.