Friday, January 24, 2014

Master Bath Reno Design

If you have been a reader of this blog for the last year of so you have probably read about my bemoaning of missing design and working in general. 

Well I don't know what is going on but free lance design work has been coming my way lately! I don't know what I did or why but I am so grateful and feeling especially blessed right now. I am enjoying this ride because I don't know how long it will last.

My most recent project completion was a master bath redesign. The couple wanted a change but nothing too out there as they are planning on selling in a few years. They also wanted to keep the new sink faucets they had installed. The client showed me some inspiration images of spaces she liked and we went from there!


They wanted to get rid of the current jacuzzi tub as it had a leak and demo the builder grade shower. The first option was installing a free standing soaker tub and frameless shower. The client also requested copper sinks, new granite counter, and new floor tile throughout.



The Option 1 Scheme included keeping the existing cabinets as is, a sparkly accent tile, and new hardware.


In Option 2 we would get a new Jacuzzi Tub, frameless shower, copper sinks, but this time I recommended refinishing the cabinets with white paint with an antique wash, and possibly add some storage in the "dead space" of the tub surround.


Same hardware, more of a natural stone accent tile, white cabinets:


Option 3 is pretty similar to Option 1- but in the interest of adding storage I suggested adding a bump out wall under the bay windows. This creates a shelf space for towels and bath accessories to be used while in the soaker tub.


The final finish scheme includes a different granite and linear accent tile.


All the layouts are interchangeable with the different finishes. I'm excited to find out which one the client chooses and see it all completed!


1 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

How wonderful to have all this work coming your way!! I love your design for this master especially with the stand alone tub! One thing I insisted on when we did our bathroom was for the toilet to have straight sides on the bottom instead of those stupid molded bases. They are so hard to clean. I am looking forward to final pics. Love the finishes you suggested!