Wednesday, June 11, 2014

NeoCon 2014

For us regular folks the past few days have been pretty normal- basketball is on TV, soccer about to gear up. But in the design world - especially if you are a commercial interior designer- the past few days have been an exciting whirlwind of product and technology introduction. 

NeoCon- where the furniture manufactures, fabric, carpet and wallcovering dealers, and anyone else involved in product design come to show off their latest and greatest in the windy city of Chicago. 

When you are amongst thousand of prospective users for your product and all you toughest competition is present as well- standing out is key. I love how these carpet manufacturers showcased their products- 







As you may have guessed I am a sucker for furniture- so I was drawn to some of these new introductions.


51,577 ways to specify your Shell Chair (You know I love me some Herman Miller!)



Hello there Modern yet Mid Century inspired chair by Beaufurn



The future of office workstation design? Maybe used in airports? The Open Nest by Haworth

And maybe the most important part of NeoCon- the swag bags. Pretty much every company has some kind of giveaway promoting their product. It's the coolest and trendiest ones that are most sought after. It's usually the bags because not only are they fun they are functional- gotta carry all those cut sheets full of information around somehow!
Here are a few of the ones that caught my eye:





One day NeoCon I will grace your gleaming halls- one day! Until next year though, I will have to keep dreaming.




1 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

I have a couple of Herman Miller chairs and I love them. I bought them used and they are the most comfy computer chairs I have! In fact I was thinking of recovering them as one is purple and the other is green, and both very vibrant. A little too loud for my room. lol Looks like a fantastic show!