Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mid Century/ Industrial Office Designs

Whoo!! I am getting pumped for this weekend. Con- Man's last day of school is tomorrow! My baby will be in Kindergarten next year. I am excited to be able to relax a bit during the week- not have to wake up early and make lunches, get everyone dressed in the morning, rush to get to school, ect. (Though am kind of dreading finding activities to keep us occupied all summer long). Also we are going camping this weekend!!! We are going up to a lake near us for the night. Nothing to hard core- fishing, smores, lake swimming. All around fun. And to top it off I'm going on a shopping trip with some girl friends! This is a big deal since we live in the boonies and have to drive an hour to go to a Target. Yay Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Anyway- recently I completed a small project for a client's office. I was excited about this one because it involved 2 of my favorite design styles- Mid Century and Industrial. There are two owners and each needed furniture for their respective office. One loved Industrial the other loved Mid Century. I like that these styles can work together so having the two in offices right next to each other works.


Option 1


Option 2

Both of these Options speak to the Industrial style but in different ways- one is more hard edge with the metal and filing cabinets; the other softer with the wood tones. The pieces could even be mixed and matched if they client so choose. And I love how they were open to original one of a kind pieces of furniture as well.

Next up was the Mid Century Office:

Option 1


Option 2

Again both of these options have the Mid Century Vibe but in different ways. The client specifically asked for some sort of Eames chairs and wanted bold color. I am loving those Eames chairs in the first option! The colors are awesome!!

Do you have a dream office style??

0 comments: