Don't you love it when a project works out, especially when you weren't sure it would? That is the case with my project this week. I was hoping it would turn out alright...
Well lucky for me it did!
It seems that in our neighborhood you are not officially part of the hood until you have a cute little chair on your porch. Everyone has one; metal ones, woods ones you name it. So imagine my delight when I saw this little guy sitting on the side of the road waiting for the garbage man.
You may remember me posting about it during welding month . It was bent out of shape and rusted out on the bottom.
Well I gave bending back into shape myself another shot and I was actually successful this time! No help needed from the hubs!
Success!!! Unfortunately though while I was bending, pulling, and shaping, the rusted leg broke.
I was only upset for a moment because I realized this could be an opportunity to use my welder! I hadn't used it since my curtain rod project and was itching to pull it out again.
I started by using the grinding bit on my Dremel to get any old paint and rust off the area I was going to weld.
Now this is a part of the project that I wasn't sure would work or not since the leg was rusted pretty badly. Still I thought it was worth a shot.
Getting all set up!
And what do you know; it worked! I was able to weld the two pieces back together again!!!!
I decided to keep it red since it would go well with the paint on our house.
Making some progress! I applied 2 coats, hopefully this will help it from rusting out again.
All done looking fabulous on the front porch!!
I even made a pillow to go with it.
So once again:
Before; rusted out, bent out of shape, sitting in the garbage pile.
After; shiny and good as new vintage chic!