Since I had such a good time decorating for Fall last week I thought I do a little more this weekend. I've seen a lot of these crocheted pillows around this season and liked them a lot, but as usual I wasn't digging the prices.
Like these at Pottery Barn:
I hit up my local thrift store and found this sweater instead. It was only $3 and in really good shape.
I still had the sewing machine out from when I was making Con-Man's costume, so I got started right away. I used my existing pillows as a guide to make a pillow cover out of the sweater. I simply laid the pillow inside the sweater and cut around the edges of the pillow.
Then I pinned it and sewed it up! Pretty simple.
Since I want it to be a slip cover I can take off for the spring I didn't sew it completely closed, only loosley hand stiched the opening shut.
Finished! This doesn't take to long and makes a big difference from the spring green I had before.
I was hoping to make at least 2 covers out of the one sweater but there wasn't quite enough fabric for both my pillows. So I'll have to do some more searching and find a second sweater similar to the first one I found.
Hope you're all having a fantastic fall!
Linking Up to The CSI Project!