Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chair Remix


Ok, remember these Mid Century Modern Chairs I found for a steal at the Goodwill?


Well I had bought them with no real place to put them and have been trying out a couple of spots. First in the Living Room:




(Yes we have lots of baby stuff in out living room as well, please avert your eyes)

I moved the old chair that my parents gave me (the chair they bought when they got married!) into the sunroom for now.


(Sorry Brown Stripey Chair-  as comfortable as you are; you've been banished to the sunroom until I learn how to reupholster you.)

The other one I stashed in the dining room for now. But I'm thinking about moving it our bedroom. I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to sit and put our shoes on in the morning, but I'm sure it will become a place for our clothes to pile up on instead.


And speaking of chairs in the dining room, you may remember my other chair purchase, these mid century chairs for the table:


I have been searching high and low for mates for them but with no luck. And I've been looking so often the shop owners are starting to know me.

The guy I bought these from told me he is looking for a pair especially for me! Hopefully if he finds them he won't charge me a fortune. Another owner asked me where Con-Man was when I stopped in his shop on my lunch break.

It seems that ever since I bought my chairs everything mid-century modern dining has dried up! Hopefully I'll find some chair to complete my collection soon.



1 comments:

KimMalk said...

It was fun touring around with your chairs. The green wall one it seated next to is so pretty. Yes, the old one looks like it should be banished till you reupholster :).