Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting Your House Ready for a Sale



With news of the big move I've gotten into Sell the House Mode. I may or may not have become a crazy give everything to Goodwill so we have less to move type person, and may or may not be driving my husband nuts. But things are tough right now and I want our house to look as good as it can against all the competion.

 I've watched those "Designed To Sell" shows on HGTV to know the basics when it comes to house selling:

-Clean the clutter
-Neutral Paint Colors
-Make any outstanding repairs

I also hopped on the internet and found this useful list. It's really thorough and I'll try to get to most of the big points.

Like cleaning out closets. Done!




Painting Rooms:



Newly Painted Sunroom


Good Bye LSU Themed Loft/ Office


Hello SW Liveable Green! The loft is an off shoot of the sunroom so I thought the colors should be the same.



Trying to declutter all the baby stuff!

Trying to make our bathroom look halfway presentable.


Touching up some old paint projects.

Cleaning our appliances, the list goes on and on.

And when someone is coming to view the house:

-Have all windows open so the home feels light and bright
-Make sure everything is clean and spotless!
-Take down family photos. People need to envision themselves in your home, it's hard to do with photos of family everywhere.
-Fresh Flowers don't hurt either. I also replaced my paint chip art project in the dining room with a mirror to help bounce light around the room and make it feel larger.




And hope and pray for the best!!!!!!!!!





6 comments:

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh my what a job. I hope your house sells quickly so at least that part is over. Good luck! ~Ann

Polka said...

great job :) I hope it sells as quickly as u need it too :)
keeping fingers crossed

Unknown said...

good luck with your house. the loft looks great :o)

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

Good luck with your house! The changes you're making look great. I hope it sells quickly.

Pam

Barbara Pilcher said...

You are doing all the right things, and doing them the right way!

Just think, there is a buyer out there right now, ready to buy your home. He just has to find it.

I hope you'll keep following my blog because I'm always encouraging home sellers in ways they can make their homes more irresistible to buyers.

Lolly Jane said...

it's been fun reading your blog. thanks so much for he sweet comment so we could visit and follow you. loving your style! lsu huh?-our little sis is attending there currently. we met mike the tiger in dec (:

good luck on your house sale and oh!-looooved your Easter egg shipment, too cute!!

xoxo