Monday, July 2, 2012

Con-Man's Birthday Preparations

The Con-Man is turning 3 in a few weeks! We're having his party this weekend; early, just in case Tiny Falcon #2 makes an early appearance. I've been busy with preparations for his party. I thought I could whip up a few things for the party but being pregnant seems to make everything take twice as long!


I sent out the invitations a few weeks ago. I hand stenciled them with stencils from Hobby Lobby. We're doing a water party since the temps have been in the 100's here. I got the inspiration for them here- I liked that they were a "water" theme but not to literal.





The big thing I've been working on is a PVC Pipe Car Wash (Or Kid Wash I guess). I tried to finish it today but realized I bought some wrong connectors. Always shooting myself in the foot!



Lots of water balloons will be on hand.


We have a pretty big Kiddie Pool I'll fill up and stuff it with water toys. Like I've been seeing these Sponge Bombs all over Pinterest and it's about time I make some! And some water guns and anything else I can find that might be fun for the kids.



As for snacks we'll have the usual chips and such but I thought some fruit and other frozen goodies would be refreshing to have on hand.


And of course cake and ice cream. Though it's a water party I'm not doing a water themed cake. Con-Man's favorite character is Lighting McQueen. I've been looking at McQueen cakes online for ideas. I'm not an amazing cake decorator but I like to make his cakes myself so we'll see how this one turns out! Not sure which I'll go with yet~








For Party Favors one of the things I'm giving are these Giant Gummi Bears! They have nothing to do with "water" theme but they were so cool and on sale. I couldn't pass them up.



The final countdown has begun and I have lots to do! Will share pics after the weekend.

What sorts of things have you done for your child's birthday? Do you like to do a lot of it yourself or do you like to dole out the tasks?

4 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Love the car wash! Too perfect for a kid's party in the summer and the gummy bears are awesome!

ShirleyRunner said...

I love the water ballon idea, it sounds like a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

I like the 3rd Lightening McQueen cake idea...you can do letters that look like fondant by softening fruit snacks in the microwave for a few seconds and then rolling them out on wax paper and using cookie cutters. You may have to use a bit of Pam if they stick too much, but I did this on my son's cake a few years ago, and it looked great!

Lisa said...

Adorable car wash idea! This is too cute :)