Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stump Style

We're on the road traveling between Texas, Louisiana, and finally Oklahoma; saying our goodbyes to family and friends. While I'm out traveling across the country here's some design inspiration for your reading pleasure.


I've been seeing stumps everywhere lately- a trend that seems to be really catching on. Personally I like the idea of having nature as decor, I've been searching for the perfect stump to bring home and try out. In the meantime here's some stump- inspired ideas for your viewing pleasure.


Stumps as lamps:


The style I've seen most often is stumps used as side tables:







Why not use stumps as seating?!



Does the possibility of bugs and critters lurking inside give you the heebie jeebies? How about a fake one instead? This rug is pretty sweet.


What do you think of the new trend of using tree stumps to bring the outdoors in (literally?)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think it's a really cool way to bring some organic style into your home like you said. I don't know if I'd have the guts to do it, but those pics look very nice!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I like that organic look...perfect for where I am now in the mountains!