Friday, August 12, 2011

A French Toast Post!

Recently I've had a lot of time on my hands- I'm getting into the groove of the Stay At Home Mom thing. Being at home has given me more time to a lot of the things I didn't have time for when I was working, like cooking. I've had a lot of time do whip up some stuff in the kitchen lately.


 I've always enjoyed it, as my Dad says: "I don't like to cook I like to eat!" Same goes for me. Back in San Antonio I really only had time to make nice meals on the weekends, now I can do it whenever I want and I'm loving it!





I cooked French Toast this weekend for Con-Man. It's the first time I made it for him (I haven't made it in forever!) It's delicious and easy to make! 


All you need is:


6-8 eggs 
1/3 Cup of Milk
1 Tblsp Sugar
White Bread (bread that's about to go stale or the cheapest loaf you can find works best, it soaks up the egg mixture really well.)



Scramble your eggs then mix all your ingredients together in a bowl.


Carefully soak each side the bread in the mixture. Make sure it is soaked through but don't leave it in to long or it will get to really soggy. 


Then gently lift the bread out of the egg mixture and place into a non-stick pan and cook both sides on medium/ low heat till done.


Continue the process until you run out of the egg mixture, or until your breakfast brood stops asking for more. I meant to get a picture of Con-Man enjoying his but I was to busy pigging out on mine. 



Top with powdered sugar, syrup, and fruit and enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

One of my faves for breakfast (and lunch or dinner too!) My mom used to make them for us on special occasions so it will be fun to do the same for my son as he gets older!

Kathy said...

I use the exact same recipe but I also add a dash of cinnamon too!
I have a huge weakness for french toast!