Thursday, September 15, 2011

Awesome Altus Finds

Since I've decided to try and sell some of my furniture creations to the public, I've been hitting up thrift stores here in town more often than usual. But I've been finding more things that I want to keep for myself than I would want to sell...

I'm a sucker for Mid-Century furniture- the clean lines, natural materials, simple forms all speak to me. And if someone had told me that when we moved to Altus, OK that I'd even be able to find Mid-Century  furniture anywhere I would have thought they were crazy. Altus is in the middle on no where, but I've come across some interesting finds recently that has me all excited.

Now, I haven't found any Eames Aluminum Group furniture, or Nelson Chairs, BUT I did find this cute sewing table with great Mid-Centiry legs:



I'm planning on putting a new solid top on it so it can be used as a desk. It was only $10! The drawers and wood tops are maple! Some paint in the right places and it will be good as new.

And I was super excited to find this coffee table. When I saw it in the Goodwill Store I almost hyperventilated. 



Ok, try to look past the stained plywood top and two tier triangle thing and check out those Hairpin Legs!! I've been dying for some. I've seen those legs go for at least $16 each online. I got the whole table for only $20. 

Score!

Now I'm scheming what to make with them. A rustic bench/ table?






A modern coffee table?




A classic Eames inspired surfboard table?


Or scavenge out an Eames Molded Plywood Chair shell and find a way to attach the legs?


The possibilities are endless!!!

I wonder if the Hubs is starting to regret the whole me staying at home thing.....

3 comments:

jandjhome said...

Incredible finds. I'm a sucker for mid century pieces also. I've actually resarched hairpin legs and girl you did great.

Mary said...

I'm so jealous of those hair pin legs! I've been searching for some and just can't bring myself to buy them for $15 or more per leg. Awesome find!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh mannnnn, that sewing table is just the "desk" my daughter is looking for!