Friday, September 16, 2011

Feelin The Fall

I don't know about everyone else but we've finally been having some cooler weather here in Oklahoma; and I've been loving it! I mean, when it's been 110 for 5 months straight I was reaching for my sweater this week when the high was only 80. It's really gotten me in the mood for fall, which in turn has me thinking of fall/ wintery decor.


When the seasons change making a few small tweeks around your home can really get you into the fall spirit.








A few chunky knit pillows really say cool weather is here. See how I made some last winter here>



Faux fur is a luxurious touch to help welcome cooler temps.




Switch out a light weight, brightly colored throw for a heavy wool one to keep warm on those cool fall nights.



Metallic items are big this fall. Scatter a few around the home, or make your own like Erica from P.S. I Made This did:



And of course bringing some nature inspired decor is always a hit:




Want to try this look on your own? Swing by your local grocery and pick up a few of the pumpkins and gourds they have out right now. It's a cheap and easy way to bring in some seasonal nature. You can even spray paint them up like I did last year. Or if your feeling extra craft try this cute nature inspired DIY I saw on Design*Sponge!



So even if the cool fall weather hasn't visited your side of the country yet there are still plenty of ways to try and entice it along. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: