Ok, I may be stretching it a little bit here. I don't know if picking basil leaves is technically a harvest; BUT it was picked from my garden and it's starting to feel like fall so I'm calling it a harvest.
And despite my trying to kill them early on my tomatoes have little buds on them and my pepper plant is sprouting some peppers as well. So I may have a real harvest in the near future.
In the meantime here's what I made with the basil from my garden!
Margarita Pizza is easy to make, especially if like me you cheat and buy a pre-made crust. All you need is:
Roma Tomatoes Sliced
A few tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
(I just noticed I buy a lot of Great Value Brand....)
1. Spread the Olive Oil over the crust, then sprinkle and spread the garlic on top
2. Arrange the sliced Roma Tomatoes and Basil leaves around the pizza
3. Cover the pizza with cheese by sprinkling it all over. (And if you have a 2 year old son who will only eat pizza with Black Olives on it; put those on at this time.)
4. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted
5. Open a bottle of wine, eat your pizza and relax it's the weekend!!!
Happy Weekend everyone!