Monday, August 6, 2012

Bedroom Styles & Bedroom Dreaming

These past few weeks (months actually) I've been diligently working on both of my boys new bedrooms. I had fun coming up with inspiration, looking for sources and ideas, then coming up with an implementing a plan.

I wish the same could be said for our master bedroom. It hasn't changed since we got married- in each house we keep putting the same furniture and accessories in the same sort of layout and go with it. I'm not sure why this is. Because no one really sees our bedroom but us so I don't feel as pressured to work on it? Maybe because we have a queen bed and I'm dreaming of owning a king- so why buy new bedding now when I might have to buy a larger set in the future? Or maybe I'm just uninspired? Or maybe I like to many different styles??



Whatever the reason I would like our bedroom to be more "us", more of a sanctuary, somewhere we want to spend time in; not just the room we sleep in.

So I've been perusing the internet for bedroom ideas and will be dreaming of these for a while:

I love this room- the high ceiling, the skylights, love! I like that it is contemporary but has rustic elements as well. I can see myself hanging out in here. Not sure about the Hubs though.



I'm also digging this room. It's more on the traditional side, I love the bright window, love the colors, and I like the sitting area and chunky moldings. It's relaxing and I think the Hubs would be more comfortable with this style of room.



I was drawn to the warmth of this room. Not loving the fabric on the chairs but I like the layout, the frames on the wall are pretty cool and the curtain and headboard fabric is beautiful as well.



OMG where can I find a house with a bedroom like this!?! Love the view it's amazing! I also like the stone wall and simplicity of the furniture. It lets the architecture and view take center stage. 



Again, love the rustic elements of this room and the softness of the linens. I don't know if I'd go all out with the wood side table and furry rug but like the overall look.



I like the contrast of the dark wood and light grey paint and linens in this room. It has a contemporary feel but is soothing and comfortable feeling. I like the patten mixing as well. Would the Hubs approve?



Again- love the architecture- the ceiling and windows are amazing in this room! I like the simplicity of the bedding and dark wood of the bed itself. It was smart to use an armoire with mirrored doors since the room looks a little narrow. This room is clean and simple and me likey!



Ok this bedroom is totally different than any of the others but I thought it was really cool! Maybe when I was a single gal back in college or if I were more hip I could have a bedroom like this now. But I might have to file this one away for a future kids room. Or guest room???



Is your bedroom the bedroom of your dreams? How do you handle you master bedroom style? Do you get your partner's input? Or are you like me and hope no one sees your bedroom unless expressly allowed?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

All of those are so gorgeous and inspiring! My husband and I definitely work together on our bedroom and it's still a work in progress - it's hard to focus on the bedroom when we could focus on the other rooms that people see so much more often!

Courtney said...

our bedroom was renovated fairly recently and it's not finished. There's things i'd love to change - but I'll probably always feel like that;-)
I'm lucky Tony and I are usually on the same wavelength when it comes to design. Or he doesn't care too much so he lets me go for it!

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

The first thing all these projects have in common is either textured or painted walls. Start there.

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I love the ones with the contrast of really light and dark furniture! Especially the second to last picture! It makes me wish I had more bedrooms in my house to decorate!