Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Super Side Tables

Don't you love these Mid-Century side tables? I've been seeing a lot of them around lately.




I've heard them called "Step Tables" They are so versatile, they can work in almost any room of the home, living room, bedroom etc. You can leave them the original wood or paint them up!


My friend Stephanie found this awesome table at the Goodwill and gave it a new life with some paint and tape. !!LOVE!!


 
My Mom (Hi Mom!) found a pair for $10 each and gave them a fresh coat of paint. She uses them in two different rooms in her home.





And I rescued  a pair from the side of the road and stenciled a pattern on them:




So if you happen to come across one of these little guys don't pass them up! Give them a new home, they will really appreciate it. 


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stencil pattern on your tables makes them look very mod & fashionable, a true vintage find!

Rhonda said...

My grandmother had tables like these in her house. I'd die for them now!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

My mom had tables like this in our house when I was growing up. I have no idea what happened to them...I wish I knew. Thanks for a great post...I love what you did to yours!
Happy Easter...~Ann

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

I have been seeing TONs these at thrift stores. They're so compact and useful. Now I'm kicking myself for passing on the $24 solid wood pair that I saw a month ago. Ahhh, oh well.

Nuha said...

so cute! I love the stencil idea :)

Roeshel said...

These are so pretty! Love the creative makeovers!

R

A Helicopter Mom said...

I had one of those in college, but it never occurred to me to make it attractive!!!

Thanks for joining us at the I ♥ Blogging Hop! I'm a new follower of your blog. I'd appreciate it if you'd visit A Helicopter Mom and follow me back.

Thanks!
Mickey

katie jean said...

I am always seeing these tables and have been thinking about where to put one in my home. And yes paint please! Thanks for the inspiration as always.

Sarah said...

I love those tables! Great job!

Following (a little late) from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com

Lana said...

Love those! Great job!!!

Blessings,
Lana @ ilovemy5kids

Junky Vagabond said...

Yes, I see these in just about every estate sale I go to...if I had the room, I'd be snatching a couple up to paint and maybe stencil myself.