Monday, April 18, 2011

A Tisket A Tasket-

An Easter Basket for Con-Man! 


I went out to buy an Easter Basket for The Con-Man, but everything was either really girly looking (where were all the boy baskets!) or had large stuffed animals on them; which is fine but I wanted something simple for him. So I had to take matters into my own hands.


I bought a basket at Micheals (40% off!) for $5. And using some leftover fabric from when I made Con-Man's crib bedding I got to work.



I measured the depth of the basket and cut out a long fabric strip, then cut out a circle for the bottom.


I pinned them together and sewed the strip and circle together, then sewed up the side.


After it was all sewn up I hand sewed it into the basket.




Then done! Now Con-Man has a cute Easter Basket he can use every year. :D 




I put it by the fireplace (that's where the Easter Bunny comes right?!). I can't wait for Con-Man to see it. I saw some at the store with a bow, but I wasn't sure if I should but one on Con's basket or not. What do you think? Bow or no bow?



He likes it!
Linking here

3 comments:

Mally said...

What a cute idea. This will certainly keep things from getting into the cracks of the basket. I like bows on baskets but I have 3 girls. Not sure what is done for boys. This is a great idea for any decorative basket.

Shelly said...

WOW!! I could never do that! I am SOO Not talented at that! You did a great job! :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous basket! On a side note, my son's name is Conlan, we call him the con-man too! Not a common nickname for a little boy, lol.