Saturday, June 4, 2011

Some Progress

Lately all I've been focusing on is our bathroom reno. It's in full swing and nearing completion, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (YAY!) But even though I've been knee deep in construction dust doesn't mean I've been neglecting another project I started a while back: My Coffee Tables!


I'll warn you this isn't the most exciting post ever but it was a neccessary step in getting these guys finished.


I needed to grind down the slag that was created when I welded the steel rods together the the ends would be smooth and finished.



I thought the grinding bit on my Dremel Tool would work for this job but it was taking for ever! I needed to bring out the big guns. Luckliy my neighbor had a ginder- that worked fabulously!





Once I got all the corners smoothed out it was time for painting. I used Rustoleum Spray Paint specially made to prevent rust. On the other tables I made I didn't use this type of paint and rust will seep out of the bottom exposed edges.


And Tu-Dah! Here are the tables looking fabulous. All they need now is a wood top and they are finished!




Oh and if your wondering how to keep a 2 year old busy while your grinding and spray painting a pool works wonders!


Oh and having a dog join in doesn't hurt either....


Oh ya, and I changed up my blog design. What do you think? I thought since we're moving to a new place it was time for a new blog header. My Do It Yourself sassy Pin Up Girl Header was fun but it was time for her to retire. She might pop up again- you never know. 

And- Yay it's the weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Polka said...

awesome!! :)

Kaela said...

That is so freaking cool! Can't wait to see them with their tops on!

Mally said...

Oh my gosh! Those are amazing. I can't believe you made those from scratch. They look great. Can't wait to see the tops also.