Monday, January 14, 2013

Latest Thrifty Finds

I realized that I haven't shared any thrifty finds lately. That's partly because it's been slim pickins around here but recently I've scored some fun finds.

So what better way to start the New Year than to share them with you!

First up is this awesome Mid Century Nelson inspired bench I found on the Altus Classifieds page:





I don't really need a bench (my husband can attest to that) but I couldn't pass it up. They even delivered it to my house! Couldn't ask for anything better than that. Furniture hoarding at it's best!

My other find was from a shop that I didn't even know existed until the other day. The owner said he's getting older and isn't able to keep it open as much anymore. But I'm hoping he stays open for a while longer because his shop is a junk lovers dream- lots of old stuff for cheap. I bought a few things but my main score was these vintage milk crates for $8 each:



The red one I'm considering using in Con-Man's room or our guest bathroom. The plain metal one I'm using in our bathroom for storage. 

Next up was this pair of side tables. I had seen them in a shop in town I frequent but they were $70 for the pair and I really only wanted the marble tops. But when I stopped in last week they had marked them down to $40. 


$20 for a side table with perfect condition marble tops was a deal to me. Not sure what I'm going to do with the bases but I pried the top off of one of them and am using it as a top for my barrel I found in New Orleans a few months back.


The marble is wider than the mouth of the barrel so I don't know if this will be it's permanent place. I'm thinking of welding a whole new table base for it; but that is another story for a different time. 

Also- do you see my Fiddle Fig Leaf tree? I've been thinking of buying a large faux one online until I discovered that you can order real ones online from Home Depot. I didn't even know they offered that until someone told me. 



Now all I have to do is keep it alive...

Have you found any thrifty luck lately?