Monday, January 16, 2012

My Heart's On Fire

No, I don't have prego heart burn or anything; I was just trying to think of another title for this post besides: Heart Shaped Valentine's Wreath. Not sure how successful it is, you be the judge. ;0)


Anywho~ bad blog titles aside, do you remember my post Christmas Shopping Spree where I found these cute berry branches?



I thought it would be cute to bend them into a wreath for Valentines Day. I usually don't do a lot of decorating for Valentines but these branches were calling my name.

I started by bending the top of the branches into a curve shape.


Then using whatever I had available (in this case a staple gun) to weight the branches down, I used wire to tie the branches together into the shape I wanted.


And then hung it above our fireplace (hence the heart on fire reference above...)



I like that the heart is imperfect, it adds to it's rustic quality. Not a bad way to reuse Christmas clearance!



Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? And I want to apologize in advance if I have another wreath post this week- to many holiday's coming up that I want to celebrate!



10 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I absolutely love this! It's so cute!

Mally said...

I love this idea. I never would have thought of this. I'll have to steal this one. To cute.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Very cute and love that these were from Christmas decorations on sale! I decorate for Valentine's Day almost as much as Christmas . . . it's one of my favorite holidays!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I like it! It's Valentine-y without being cute-sy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I've got some of those branches too in my craft room so I just might make something similar - thanks for the idea!

Deborah said...

Rachelle this is so cute!
I love hearts and this one is very inspiring...for all year long!
Beautiful job!
Im now following you in friendship :)

Deborah

Kari said...

This turned out beautifully! I absolutely love it!!!

Crafts a la Mode said...

very original and nice. Thanks for showing us how. Take care Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love using those berry branches.

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! Simple, festive, pretty...love it! Would you consider sharing it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-14-and-some-fabulous.html

PS - I'm your newest Linky Follower!