Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Coffee Table

It might have taken awhile, I might have run into a few road bumps along the way, and some poople may think I am slightly crazy for taking this on but my coffee table is finally finished!


It all started while browsing Anthropologie and Viva Terra online (this was so long ago they are not even on the website anymore! All I could find was the console table that went with the set) and lusting after the fabulous furniture they have. I love the look and style but the price is always out of my reach. About 6 months ago I saw this coffee table:



I decided to turn my lust and longing into something tangible. We needed a new coffee table, I was tired of the old Ikea one I had since college and wanted something more grown up. So I started on a quest to build my own replica of the table above. After much planning, research and building I finally have it all finished!





I am incredibly happy with the final result and really happy to be finished! I don't have a lot of experience staining wood but I think it turned out pretty well. I tried to add some aged touched to the wood to try and replicate the look of old railroad ties (Which the coffee table I was inspired by is made of).





Here's a full post on how I made the table tops and check out the other parts of the process here to find out how I went from this:


To This:










Thanks and have a great rest of the weekend!



27 comments:

Kaela said...

Amazing! I am inspired!

jandjhome said...

This is truly amazing! The finish is gorgeous and I love that you made it. Beautiful!

mary said...

Yay! I've been following the whole process. I bet you're so happy it's done! Congrats and it looks great!

orchidlanedecor.com said...

Congratulations. What a mammoth project that must have been, looks great.

Suzy xxx

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

I love this!!! Great job! I have to share on my FB page!

Pamela said...

That table turned out wonderful!! Thanx for stopping by earlier!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I always love these tables when I see them. You did a fabulous job!

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow! Such an accomplishment! You're staining is perfect. What an amazing table! Great job.

I'd love for you to join my giveaway for 2 canvas pillow forms going on now! www.alittleknickknack.com Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

really GREAT job! love it!

Homeroad said...

Beautiful table and I'm totally impressed with the welding!
Susan

Jean @ Flower Hill Design Company said...

Incredible job!

sallie kate said...

Wow, nice work. I dig it! :)

Roeshel said...

You're so talented, Rachelle! It's gorgeous!

Roeshel

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Wow! I would NEVER try to conquer something like that. KUDOS!

Brook said...

I am so impressed with this amazing build! You did a fantastic job

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is AWESOME. love the style and am so impressed you built it.

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

I am blown away by this table! Seriously LOVE it! Well done! :)

InMyOwnStyle said...

What a great table. It is the perfect knock-off. I think you have a future in furniture making. :)
My best- Diane

The B's said...

This is exactly what I want to do for our basement! I think I might be able to do it on my own with out my husbands help! Thanks to your great advice!!!! Love the tables.

jess@balancing the dream said...

LOVE

Megan said...

I love the look of wood and metal. These turned out beautiful. I am visiting from CSI and I have to say that this is a pretty terrific knock off.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Love the table that is so awesome! Seriously great work on the knock off!

thanks for linking up to scrappy saturdays, hope to see more of your great stuff every weekend:)

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Wow! You did an amazing job!!! I'm planning to build something similar, but my husband is a trained sheetmetal worker, so he'll make the base. You did awesome!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Gorgeous! You and I might have a lovely future as blog friends, because check out what my hubby and I made:

http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com/2011/12/diy-welded-desk-complete.html

Unknown said...

I love this! You did a great job!

Ashli Herself said...

I realize this was over a year ago, but I really love this project! Really inspiring! I'm your newest follower by the way :)
Ashli
http://thegrayhouseontheleft.blogspot.com

Hartwich said...

We needed a new coffee table, I was tired of the old Ikea one I had since college and wanted something more grown up. So I started on a quest ... ccoffeetables.blogspot.com