Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthday Shirt For Connor



Con-Man's first Birthday is coming up! I wanted to make something special for him to wear for his birthday. I have seen the shirts with the numbers on them and thought they were real cute. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on it since he'd only wear it once or twice. I took a trip to Walmart and got a T-shirt for $5. Then I looked for a fun font on Word. I didn't find the exact one I wanted but found one that was close.


I enlarged it with Photoshop and modified it a little.


I traced it on some old fabric leftover from some chairs I recovered.


                                                                                        

I could have ironed it on with fusible webbing but choose to wing it and sew it on without it.


                                                                                        


Using the embroidery stich on my sewing machine this is how it turned out. He looks so cute, I can't wait to for everyone to see him at his party!


                                                                                          

 


4 comments:

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

Too cute! You did a great job! I have a little Connor too, it is a great name! :)

The DougFish said...

Connor looks great in your shirt! I would've much rather purchased from you too Rachelle. :) I'm telling you, OPEN AN ETSY STORE!!

Decorchick! said...

Awww that's adorable!! I made Emma a dress too! That's so cool they have the same birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

great idea!! shirt came out too cute! might have to get u to make me some to put in m 1st birthday diaper cakes!