Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To Tweet or Not to Tweet?




That is the question I was asking myself the other day. I read this article in Elle Decor about how Twitter can help boost your blog or business. They interviewed the amazing Grace Bonney, founder of Design*Sponge and talked with her about how she used Twitter to grow her brand. 


I think the article has a lot of good ideas and advice on how to tweet and what to tweet about.


For example one piece of advice I found most helpful was her rule of thirds. She suggests splitting you tweets between Promotional (like a project you just completed), personal ( ex- photographs) and content sharing (great ideas from other bloggers.)


I admit when I first started using Twitter I wasn't sure how it would help get people engaged with my blog. After reading the article I have a better idea of how I can be using Twitter to talk with people; though I still feel like I have a lot to learn. I've been trying to Tweet more often. You may have noticed that I added a Twitter feed to my blog so you can check out the action.





I do worry about tweeting to much since my Blog and Twitter are fed to my Facebook account. I don't want to drown my friends Facebook pages with blog posts and twitter tweets. (Please let me know if I am bothering you guys!)

So what are your thoughts on Twitter? Do you use it or don't see the point of it? Have you used it to grow your blog or business? Any advice?

3 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

oh my gosh I am sooo confused by Twitter! But I guess its like anything it takes time..OOH I hope you enjoy the recipe thanks for stopping by:)

-Following your cute blog:)

Delighted Momma

Arabella said...

I started using Twitter about 2 years ago and have nearly 7,000 followers now. I've met a ton of people that have given me business advice, design ideas and advertisers for my blog as well as readers for the blog.

Once I learned to "toot my own horn" it really took off. When I was starting out I decided to "talk" to one new person a day, someone I didn't know - just would sent them a personal tweet or comment on something they tweeted. I have lots of connections from doing that. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to read that article. I have a twitter account, but I'm the first to admit I really have no clue what I am doing over there. Maybe this article will give me some pointers to utilize twitter better, so thanks for sharing it.