Monday, October 1, 2012

It s Starting to Feel A Lot Like Fall!

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend. Last week I mentioned that I was itching to get out of town- and we did! We took Sawyer and The Con-Man to Sesame Street Live at the Army Base in the next town over. Con-Man had a blast.



And while we were there not only did I get to stop at a Starbucks (Yay!) we ran into Hobby Lobby and picked up some of these baskets for 50% off! 






I felt like they screamed Fall. The highs have been in the 80's in Oklahoma so that's Fall enough for us. 

I had bought the gourds a few weeks ago from a local farmer. I love decorating with items that could have a dual purpose. The farmer I bought them from said they are completely edible- so maybe when I'm done using them for decoration I could cook them up? The gentleman threw in the hay for free. I guess since I was buying so many pumpkins he figured he could part with it. 




I also bought these white squashes that I threw together with some decorative gourds I already had. I liked their sculptural shape and again they are edible.


How have you been welcoming Fall?

1 comments:

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

It's October, so I'm hoping I can convince my husband to take me to the pumpkin patch soon! :)