Monday, October 7, 2013

A few Furniture Updates~

So ever since I decided to actually sell I've been kind of antsy and nervous. What if no one buys my stuff? What if no one likes it? what if what if what if?!?!?!

Ugh scary. But those fears haven't held me back from making more- it's a sickness I think. 

Remember when I found that cute little side table for $5? Well it is now all redone, shiny and new and ready for someone to take it home!



The top was all messed up with some sticky gunk that I had to remove with GoGone



The wood on the top was actually really nice. So I restained it a darker color and painted the bottom blue.


I also revamped this little beauty I found on the side of the road:


The mirror was broken and long gone out the frame. But the frame was in good shape so I knew I could save it. 

After removing the mirror that was left behind and some clean up and paint, I used the side "wings" to create a cork board/ chalk board:



I used mending plates to attach the two pieces together. And I used the existing backboard (that the original mirrors were attached to) to make the cork and chalk board. Pretty easy and I saved something from being thrown away!

The larger mirror frame I turned into a large chalkboard. The existing backboard on this piece was in bad shape so a new piece of hardboard was cut and painted with chalkboard paint. You can see it hanging up in my booth!! Yay!



More exciting projects coming soon!!