Monday, October 10, 2011

Makin It: Halloween Costume

Halloween is fast approaching and I have yet to make Con-Man's Halloween Costume. I'm such a slacker! Last year I was inspired by Pottery Barns animal costumes:



I sewed my own version of this for the Con-Man. He refused to wear the ears I made for him though. :/


The year before that I made him a pumpkin costume:



Part of the reason for my sluggishness on getting started is that I wasn't sure what he should be. I was completely stumped. I mentioned this to the Hubs and he of course had the perfect solution- Mater! Of course! Why hadn't I thought of this? Con-Man loves the movie Cars and loves Mater.


I did some searching for a Mater costume and came up with this one at Walmart:


Problem: It doesn't come in toddler sizes. Lame! So I'm going to try and make one. Hopefully it comes out alright. I like making Con-Man's costumes, it's fun and my mom made most of our when we were younger. I'm going to try and get away with it for as long as I can; until he starts begging for the ones in the store. ;)

And while I'm at it I might "Put a Bird On It" and make a costume for myself. "The Birds" anyone?


Do you try to DIY your Halloween costumes? 





1 comments:

Erin said...

We usually DIY our costumes at the last minute. The classic one is wearing the chicken hat that my DH got in high school, wearing a white t-shirt, and pinning on the top of an egg carton. It works especially well with a pregnant belly. I've also worn an orange shirt and used black adhesive felt to make a jack-o-lantern face on the front.