Monday, October 31, 2011

Quick Craft & Some Halloween Fun

I saw this garland project on Curbly and thought it was really cute. Extra bonus it's super easy to make! So even though today is Halloween I went a head and made it. 




I tried to use Fall colored candy so I can leave it up for Thanksgiving. All you need is some colored candy of your choice and a stapler! Solid colors work best, you could even make this for any holiday- Christmas, Valentines, ect.  



To make the garland just use your stapler to staple the pieces end to end. Try to get as much of the wrapping stapled as possible so it won't unravel. 


And that's it! Just staple away until you have the desired length, then hang. For and estimate on how much you need- 30 pieces = about 5'.








Also this weekend we participated in the Altus Air Force Base Trunk or Treat. We decorated my car like a monster (The Murano Monster) and handed out candy to the kids on base.



ROAR!!! Scary stuff! 

Con-Man got to try out his Mater costume I made him:


(He's kind of hard to get a picture of these days)


The whole family dressed up for the occasion. The Hubs was a nerd and I dressed up as the lady from "The Birds".



I hope everyone is having a fun safe Halloween!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

What a fun trunk or treat car! Too cool! Love the costumes AND the candy garland! I think I will try to make some peppermint ones for Christmas!! Thanks for sharing! Happy Halloween!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

All of you all look so cute!! Looks like it was such a fun event and I really think that the garland idea is awesome!

Karen said...

What a cute garland and the idea could be translated into a Christmas garland too.

Mally said...

Very cute idea. I'll have to try that too. I always love hand made costumes. They are the best. Always one of a kind.

MulticoloredPieces said...

This is a fun post! Like the Halloween decor.
best, nadia

Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers said...

This is such a cute idea. I can already see Starlight Mints for Christmas!

The CSI Girl said...

SO fun and I love how easy this is. Thanks for linking up to The CSI project. What a fun trunk or treat. We are also a military family and have lived on bases. This is so fun!

XOXO
Dee