Monday, November 28, 2011

Easy Update: Fancy Up a Boring Table Cloth

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We hit the road once again for Louisiana to visit family and see our Tigers Play. It was a great weekend overall. Not only did we get to see our family and eat some awesome food, our LSU Tigers are still #1!!


Ok before this post becomes all about football; the weekend before Thanksgiving I hosted a Wine Club Party at our house (Yes there are some good things about Altus, OK!). I thought it would be fun; along with wine drinking, to do some wine related crafts at the party. My problem was that there were going to be a lot of girls and I don't have a lot of table space.


This is what our dining room usually looks like:



Notice something missing? Like a table? I have a million chairs but no table. 

Solution- a temporary folding table!



Not perfect but much better. It certainly did the job at the party. The only table cloth I had was an old beige one from Walmart that I've had forever. Boring! I thought it would be fun to fancy it up with some paint and a stamp. 



Easy process- put some paint on your stamp and go for it! I just eyeballed the spacing of the stamp. And I didn't mind of the paint wasn't perfect, I liked that some of it didn't stamp all the way.






There you have it- a quick and easy way to fancy up a cheap boring Walmart Table Cloth!




If your curious what kind of wine crafts we made here are some of the products. A cute wine cork Rudolf. (I think my favorite part of Rudolf is his little pipe cleaner tail which you can't see to well in the pic).



And for those of us brave enough to wield an Exacto after a glass of wine, wine cork jewelry which I got the inspiration from here.




It was a fun party and all the girls enjoyed making the crafts. There were some cure reindeer and a lot of creative hair pieces. Some of the girls even made cork Christmas Tree ornaments. 

How was your Thanksgiving? Any crafting time?

7 comments:

Junky Vagabond said...

Nice way to pretty up a plain tablecloth :) Love those reindeers too! With your building skills, are you going to be building a table??
-Jill

Sherry said...

Rachelle, it's amazing what a little paint and a stamp can do. I would have never thought to be that creative!

online parenting class said...

the table cloth looks really great!:D

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love the cork crafts, the reindeer is so cute !

Table Covers said...

Very nice!! Stamps are so much fun - you can make just about anything fun with them. Nice work!

Cassie Bustamante said...

aw, the little deer is so cute! and i just happen to know where to get corks. ;)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

that little deer is so cute! fun ideas! Thank you so much for linking up to our party!!