Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Modern Rustic Beach House Design

So what is the deal with the weather lately? Here in OK we had a beautiful weekend- then the last two days have been crazy cold again! And everywhere else it seems to be snowing- go away already winter! I'm ready for warmer temps! I really need to move somewhere tropical because I can't handle anything below 70.

Anyway- if you follow me on Instagram you probably saw me hinting around to a design project I was fortunate be given recently. The project was for a couple in California who purchased a vacation rental in a seaside community in Northern California. Gorgeous. Serene. Jealous. Well I'm jealous of it anyway.

But at least I got to be a part of it by choosing the furniture for it. The couple wanted a modern look to fit the house but wanted a rustic relaxing feel as well. They requested I choose furniture only from certain websites so they could order the furniture easily and have it installed.

First up was the living/ dining sitting area.


They had existing couches and an existing dining table they requested I work with. The area is open with a sitting area complete with fireplace, dining space with office area, and living room with expansive windows with a beautiful view.

In the end we switched a few things up due to budget concerns and their personal tastes. Here is how the final design turned out:


There were also two guest bedrooms that needed attention as well. I had two options to share for them:

Option 1:



Option 2:

Then after some tweaking and editing their final decision:



And finally the master suite. There was a large window they were hoping to have some sort of seating underneath. There were a lot of doors in this room that we had to work around but I think it turned out well.


This was a fun project and I am hoping they send me pictures when everything is installed! 

And I think that this goes to show that you don't need a ton of money or high end furnishings to create a beautiful cohesive home.

Till Next Time!

1 comments:

Feral Turtle said...

I hope they send pics too!!! Nice work Rachelle!